For years the face lift was the only treatments for ailing, sagging and wrinkled skin. But, today’s client seeks a quicker, less invasive solution to aging. BOTOX and Dysport are among the world’s most popular and time-tested injectables for reversing age-related fine lines, wrinkles, creases, furrows and folds that mar the appearance and negatively affect one’s self-esteem. These safe, non-invasive compounds work by temporarily paralyzing the muscles that are responsible for our most frequent facial movements, such as smiling, squinting, frowning or yawning. The result is beautiful, smooth skin that glows with youthful radiance.
- BOTOX® is the first and only treatment FDA-approved to temporarily make moderate to severe frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines look better in adults
- A quick 10-minute treatment with minimal downtime
- You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe frown lines
- It delivers predictable, subtle results, so you look like you, only with less noticeable facial lines
- Dysport is used in over 75 countries worldwide
- Non-surgical and non-invasive
- Treatment takes just minutes to perform
- Return to work right away
- Long-lasting effects, up to 4-6 months
- Lessens wrinkles and fine lines
- Can be used to reduce jaw roundness in Asian clients
- Can be used to reduce the appearance of scars
- Ideal for targeting crow’s feet, forehead creases and laugh lines
- Excellent treatment for brow wrinkles and glabella folds
While you may think that BOTOX and Dysport are virtually identical, they each have their own recommended applications and benefits. They are indeed both used to smooth out expression lines and wrinkles on the face, but their composition and behavior warrant use on different areas. BOTOX has been FDA-approved for many years, while Dysport has been widely in use in Europe but was not FDA-approved for use in the United States until 2009. Denise Curtis, PA can help you determine which injectable will produce the best results for you.